Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New York News
Wed December 15, 2004
Lay Teachers Protest Contract Offer
By Allison Dunne
Poughkeepsie, NY – Teachers are back in their classrooms at Catholic High Schools in New York City and the Hudson Valley today after staging a sickout yesterday in protest of a contract offer from the Archdiocese of New York. An increase in salary and health-care contributions are the main reasons for the delay in negotiations. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.