Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New York News
Thu September 11, 2003
Key Battle in Early US History to be Commemorated
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – September 11th has been a significant date in US history for almost 200 years. On Sept 11th, 1814 Americans defeated a British invasion force on Lake Champlain. The battle was a critical event in preventing the fledgling US from becoming a British territory. The Battle of Plattsburgh annual commemoration begins today and continues thru the weekend. North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has a preview.