Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Wed May 5, 2004
Kent State Commemorated at Northern NY College
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – On May 4, 1970 members of the Ohio National Guard were on the Kent State campus where students had gathered for an anti-Vietnam War protest. Just before 12:30 in the afternoon, shots were fired. Four students were killed.
Since then, Plattsburgh State has commemorated the Kent State shootings. It's one of the only colleges in the country to have, for 34 consecutive years, honored the students killed at Kent and Jackson States. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.