Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Thu June 21, 2007
Joe Donahue speaks with Jean Edward Smith 6-21
Albany, NY – One of the participants in the Roosevelt Reading Festival at Hyde Park is Jean Edward Smith. He has written a major new biography on Franklin Roosevelt titled--simply enough--FDR. It is a comprehensive biography from Roosevelt's birth in 1882 to his untimely death in Warm Springs, Georgia in 1945. Smith covers Roosevelt's privileged upbringing, his wide-ranging intelligence, and the rough world of New York politics at the turn of the century.
FDR, by Jean Edward Smith.
Published by Random House.