Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Fri September 16, 2005
James Howard Kunstler's "The Long Emergency" Part II
Albany, NY – If you're complaining about paying $3.50 a gallon at the pump, think again. According to James Howard Kunstler, author of the "The Long Emergency", there will come a time in the not-too-distant-future that the age of cheap fossil fuel will come to an end.
His new book tells us what to expect once we pass the turning point of global peak oil production and enter the long arc of depletion: change to social relations; economies; political systems....
In the first of a two part interview with Kunstler Susan Arbetter asked him about energy issues, and to describe the nature of this "long emergency"....