Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New York News
Wed January 26, 2005
Jail vs. History Boosts Costs
By Pat Bradley
Elizabethtown, NY – Since New York State condemned their jail, Essex County officials have been moving towards construction of a new jail. On Monday, county supervisors reluctantly agreed to an additional cost that a state agency says they must incur - a full archeological investigation of a portion of the construction site. More from WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.