Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New England News
Fri October 27, 2006
IP Chief Refuses Meeting With Governor To Discuss Tire Burn
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – Last week, Vermont Governor James Douglas wrote to International Paper CEO John Faraci asking for a meeting to discuss the impending test burn of tire-derived fuel at the company's Ticonderoga NY mill. The Governor is disappointed with the response from IP's leader. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.