Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Thu March 18, 2004
Intent to Charge to Document Sealed Records Disputed
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – The group Judicial Watch last year sued to gain access to Howard Dean's sealed gubernatorial records. Last month, a judge told the state of Vermont to index the thousands of documents. The judge also said the state can charge for staff time to do it. Vermont officials want to bill Judicial Watch in advance, but the Washington D.C. based group calls the amount that's been calculated "preposterous". More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.