Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Fri September 24, 2004
A HV County's Parkland Gets on the Tax Roll
By Allison Dunne
Patterson, NY – A law signed by New York Governor George Pataki translates into nearly two-million dollars in annual tax revenue for the Hudson Valley's Putnam County. In addition, two land acquisitions in the county will protect more than 550 acres combined. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has this report.