Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Mon November 17, 2003
Hospitals, Patients Lose as Health Insurance Drops
By Kelly Wilkinson
Pittsfield, MA – The end of last week, one of the larger hospitals in Western Massachusetts announced layoffs and restructuring in the face of posting a loss. Hospitals in Massachusetts and throughout the county are facing tough times as they bear the increasing costs of more and more uninsured Americans. More from WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson.