Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Thu May 1, 2008
Hinchey Blasts Media's Presidential Campaign Coverage
By Susan Barnett
Washington, DC – The past week's headlines have been dominated by Reverend Jeremiah Wright and the reaction to his speech before the national press club. Congressman Maurice Hinchey calls it a non-issue and saves his criticism for the Bush administration and the media.
He spoke with Hudson Valley bureau chief Susan Barnett.
Hinchey has announced his support for Hillary Clinton. But he says her support of John McCain's call for a temporary moratorium on the federal gas tax might be popular, but it's not effective. He argues it might have only a small impact on prices, while putting no control on oil companies which can respond by raising prices even further.