Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Tue February 24, 2004
Highway Checkpoint Safety Questioned
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The US Border Patrol is defending the safety of a checkpoint on the Adirondack Northway that was the site of a bus/tractor-trailer accident this past weekend that injured more than 50 people.
Questions are being raised as to whether the signs leading up to the stop were a factor in the collision. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.