Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Fri November 23, 2012
The Health Show #1286
Penn State, Syracuse University, the Catholic Church...these are just a few...the most publicized institutions that have been scandalized by child sex abuse. Many of the abusers have been caught and put in jail. But does that bring closure to the men who were abused? On today’s Health Show, we’ll speak to a psychotherapist about the emotional health issues facing male survivors of child sex abuse.
We’ll also learn what officials in Massachusetts are doing to combat what they call the number one cause of preventable death in the state. And have you seen a commercial about a condition called C-O-P-D? Do you know what it is? You will.