Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Fri September 21, 2012
The Health Show #1277
If you look in the dictionary for the definition of the word “trauma”, you get this: an experience that produces psychological injury or pain. But trauma can’t be boiled down to just a one sentence definition and be totally understood. On today’s Health Show, we’ll look at the effects and perhaps some readies for mental trauma.
We’ll hear how the National Institutes of Health are trying to predict who is most likely to be affected by trauma...hear from a psychologist who wrote the book on self-parenting and attempting to heal trauma. And, of course, hear from soldiers returning from war and their battles with PTSD.