Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Fri August 31, 2012
The Health Show #1274
It’s convention time! Those two special weeks where the political parties roll out a show to sell you on their particular version of democracy. On today’s Health Show, we’ll commemorate the events with a couple of stories that have something to do with this year’s election.
Women’s health issues have been front and center in the campaigns...and there has been no greater book on women’s heath than “Our Bodies Ourselves”. We’ll talk to one of the original authors about the book’s 40th anniversary edition. And whoever wins this year’s election is going to have to get a check up now and then. We’ll hear from a Navy Rear Admiral who spent nine years as the doctor in chief.