Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Fri August 3, 2012
The Health Show #1270
Surprising reports have been coming in over the past six months or so about people contracting disease from dirty or reused needles. The surprising part is that these are not IV drug users...these people are medical and dental patients and the injections were from health care professionals. On today’s Health Show, we’ll talk about the state of injection safety in the US.
We’ll also hear about a new HIV/AIDS drug that’s being touted as a way to prevent infection with the virus. And we’ll find out which California city is becoming the Golden State’s pot capital.