Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Fri May 11, 2012
The Health Show #1258
Diabetes is an important health issue in the US today. Pregnancy and the complications of pregnancy are also a topics that have always been of great importance. Put those two issues together and you have gestational diabetes...the number one complication of pregnancy. On today’s Health Show we’ll talk to a dietician about this growing health problem.
We’ll also find out about one of those rare disorders that probably need a little more attention than they get. Today, a wake up call about narcolepsy. And we’ll find out how humans are learning to cope with a 24 hour world. Here’s a hint: we’re not doing so good.