Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
The Health Show
Fri September 23, 2011
The Health Show #1225
http://www.healthshow.org/ – If you're a parent of a young child here's a quick question: when was the last time your pediatrician asked about the state of your child's mental health? A recent survey of parents says it doesn't happen nearly enough...and it leaves many parents of children with mental health issues searching for help and answers. On this week's Health Show...we'll talk about the results of that survey.
We'll also talk to an author and former teacher who's diagnosis of Dyslexia has made her an advocate for children with the condition. And we'll travel to South Africa where some of the sickest patents are getting the biggest laughs.