Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
The Health Show
Fri May 13, 2011
The Health Show #1206
http://www.healthshow.org/ – A few years ago, the Vermont legislature passed a law that would prevent drug companies from buying information about the way doctors prescribe drugs and using the information for commercial marketing. Needless to say, the drug companies were not amused and challenged the law. That challenge has reached the US Supreme Court. On this week's Health Show, a report on the future of Vermont's law against data mining.
Then we'll hear a discussion about informed consent. No, don't go to sleep...this is really important. Especially if samples you gave for a medical test were used in developing a profitable drug or procedure.