Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
The Health Show
Fri March 4, 2011
The Health Show #1196
http://www.healthshow.org/ – The 10 story high Brown Science Building is located on Washington Place, just east of Washington Square Park in Manhattan. It is part of New York University. It is also the sight of a deadly fire that, 100 years ago this month, was the beginning of the occupational health movement in the United States. On this week's Health Show, we'll relive the story of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire.
We'll also find out about the mental health of some refugees from Somalia...and how one US city is helping them adjust to a new home after escaping the war in their homeland.