Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
The Health Show
Fri January 7, 2011
The Health Show #1188
http://www.healthshow.org/ – Is it possible that the organism that is responsible for stomach ulcers could actually protect you from serious illnesses caused by exposure to Salmonella? That's what some researchers are saying...and chances are you already have that bacteria living in your system. On this week's Health Show, we'll talk to the lead author of a surprising study.
We'll also hear a pair of stories about large vehicles that have been transformed into traveling clinics. One is a train delivering care to remote areas in the third world...and one is a former floating hospital that may soon be delivering health care again along the Hudson.