Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
North Country News
Tue December 11, 2012
Health Care Financing Proposal Released
A Vermont labor advocacy group has released its own plan for how the state should finance a universal health care system.
The Healthcare is a Human Right Campaign, a project of the Vermont Workers’ Center, released their health care financing plan on Monday. VT Workers Center President Mary Gerisch says the goal is equity in cost sharing and access.
Mary Gerisch explains that their plan uses income taxes as the primary funding source.
Vermonters for Health Care Freedom Executive Director Jeff Wennberg says the Workers Center health care financing plan would drive up costs.
Wennberg is also critical of the Shumlin Administration for its apparent support of the proposal.
Secretary of Administration Jeb Spaulding was unavailable. Vermont’s Governor has said that the Legislature should not act on any financing plan during this biennium. Vermont Health Care Reform Director Robin Lunge.
State legislation requires the Administration to present two financing plans for Green Mountain Care by mid-January.