Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Tue February 24, 2004
Hatchery Salmon to be Tested Before Release
By Kelly Wilkinson
Hadley, MA – Salmon raised in hatcheries around the Northeast will be tested to see if they contain unhealthy levels of chemicals. US Fish and Wildlife announced the tests this week in response to a major study that showed farmed salmon were more contaminated than their wild counterparts. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson has more.