Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- How Technology Is Transforming Archaeology
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
New England News
Sat February 9, 2013
Governor Deval Patrick lifts driving ban for Western Mass.
BOSTON (AP) — Gov. Deval Patrick is lifting a ban on driving on Massachusetts roads as of 4 p.m.
The driving ban that went into effect at 4 p.m. Friday because of the massive snowstorm is lifted immediately for Nantucket County and communities west of Interstate 91. It's lifted for everyone else as of 4 p.m. Saturday.
The governor says on Twitter that people should still stay off the roads unless they must go out so plows, utility crews and safety officials can clear streets and restore power.
Officials say the ban helped limit the number of motorists stranded as more than 2 feet of snow fell in some places overnight.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.