Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- How Technology Is Transforming Archaeology
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
New England News
Thu February 7, 2013
Gov. Patrick Asks Drivers To Get Off Roads By Noon
Massachusetts is preparing for a blizzard Friday that forecasters say could bring more than two feet of snow to the state’s heaviest populated areas.
Governor Deval Patrick instructed most state employees to work from home Friday and urged private employers to do the same. He urged all schools to close for the day. The Governor said no one should plan to travel in the state after noon.
The MBTA will shut down bus, subway , and commuter rail service in the Greater Boston area at 3:30 Friday afternoon.. State transportation officials said people should check the websites of the other regional transportation autghorities for updates on schedules. The state’s four largest public utility companies have filed plans with state regulators for responding to power outages..