Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Mon September 17, 2012
Gloria Steinem at Vassar College
Gloria Steinem co-founded Ms. Magazine in 1972. She was one of its editors for 15 years and continues to serve as a consulting editor for Ms., and played an integral part in the magazine’s move to be published by the Feminist Majority Foundation. In 1968 she helped found New York magazine, where she was a political columnist and wrote feature articles.
Steinem honors include - but are not limited to - an Emmy Citation for excellence in television writing, the Women’s Sports Journalism Award, the Lifetime Achievement in Journalism Award from the Society of Professional Journalists, the Society of Writers Award from the United Nations, and most recently, the University of Missouri School of Journalism Award for Distinguished Service in Journalism.
Gloria Steinem will mark the 40th anniversary of Ms. Magazine with a talk in the Vassar Chapel at Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, NY this Wednesday, September 19th.