Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Fri October 19, 2012
Gipson finds Cuomo's Saland endorsement "incredibly disturbing"
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo’s cross-party endorsement of Republican Senator Stephen Saland could be a blow to Rhinebeck Village Board of Trustees member Terry Gipson, the Democrat in the three-way race for the 41st district seat. Cuomo says he’s endorsing Saland to honor his courage in breaking with his party to vote for same-sex marriage last year. Gipson spoke with WAMC’s Ian Pickus.
"It's unfortunate. We are disappointed, obviously," says Gipson, who pointed to his support of Cuomo in the 2010 election. "It's ironic that he has come out in support of Steve Saland ... We find it incredibly disturbing that the governor has come out in support of such a conservative, Republican candidate for state Senate."