Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
New England News
Fri August 10, 2012
Genetic Modifications A Worry For Organic Growers
The 38th annual summer conference of the Northeast Organic Farming Association is taking place today through Sunday on the UMass Amherst campus. One of this year’s keynote speakers is Jeffrey Smith. Smith is a consumer advocate who for more than a decade has been sounding an alarm about genetically modified organisms, or G-M-O’s, in food. WAMC’s Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Paul Tuthill spoke with Smith.
New York News