Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Fri April 15, 2005
Gene Wilder Pt. 2
By Joe Donahue
Albany, NY – From The Producers to Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles to Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - Gene Wilder has had a pretty amazing career.
But, lately he has been hard at work on his just-released memoir titled Kiss Me Like a StrangerThe book is not an autobiography in the usual sense of the word, and it's not a celebrity "tell-all." Instead, Wilder has chosen to write about resonant moments in his life, events that led him to an understanding of the art of acting, and - more important - about love.
Last week, we heard from Wilder about his childhood and how he landed in the career of acting. In part 2 of our conversation with Gene Wilder we are going to talk about many of the iconic films he starred in and we begin by discussing how he got his first big break.