Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Fri August 10, 2012
Former Vermont Trooper to Pay Back Check
A former Vermont state trooper charged with falsifying his time sheets says he's writing a check out to the state after being told the payroll office over-credited him in calculating his final paycheck.
Former Sgt. Jim Deeghan told the Burlington Free Press he'll be sending the amount back and won't contest it now, but maybe later.
Deeghan added that he has not seen all the evidence that state police say they have. He said he'd like to talk more about it, but he can't.
The state payroll office says it over-credited Deeghan by $964 in calculating his final check.
Deeghan resigned July 10. He has pleaded not guilty to two counts of false swearing, alleging he falsified time reports for two pay periods in June.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.