Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Mon December 3, 2012
Flags to Fly at Half-staff in Honor of Vermont Lawmaker
Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin has ordered flags to be lowered to half-staff on Tuesday in honor of a state lawmaker who was killed when he was hit by a car.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Tuesday for Representative Gregory Clark of Vergennes at the Vergennes Congregational Church.
State Police say the 65-year-old Republican lawmaker was killed Friday morning when he was hit by a car along U.S. Route 7 in Waltham.
Police said Clark was driving south when he stopped his car at the edge of the highway to clear his windshield. Clark pulled partially onto the shoulder of the road, but he was hit by another south-bound vehicle while he was outside his car.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.