Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
WAMC New York News
Wed November 24, 2004
A Financial Boost in Efforts to Control Nuisance Species in Lake Champlain
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The just-passed federal budget includes nearly one-point-four million dollars in funding to fight invasive species in Lake Champlain. The money is allocated for controlling everyting from sea lamprey and water chestnut to lessening environmental damage caused by cormorants.
More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.