Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New England News
Fri July 7, 2006
EPA Grant Will Enhance Benzene Monitoring in Burlington Area
By Pat Bradley
Burlington, VT – The state of Vermont has recieved a grant from the EPA of just under a half-million dollars to study benzene concentrations in the air around Burlington. The 18-month study will try to determine why the air in Vermont's most populous area, Chittenden County, has high concentrations of the cancer-causing chemical. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.