Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Tue July 27, 2004
Environmentalists, States File Suit Against EPA
By Allison Dunne
Buchanan, NY – A national coalition of environmental groups is suing the EPA over a power plant regulation. Separately, the attorneys general of six Northeast states, including New York, have also filed suit. The environmental groups and the states say the EPA's cooling water intake rule violates the agency's own Clean Water Act, by failing to cut down on the number of fish killed. In the Hudson Valley, Indian Point is one facility that would come under the rule. Allison Dunne has more.