Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Tue August 31, 2004
Endangered Big Cats Exhibit is on the Way Out
By Allison Dunne
Rhinebeck, NY – With the end of the this year's Dutchess County Fair came the end of an attraction that has been at the fair for several years. A trainer with the big cats says stricter laws in New York and her home state will keep her tigers and leopards at their wildlife refuge next year. And she says a new rule changed the photo-taking this year. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.