Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Arts & Culture
Wed August 8, 2012
Empire State Youth Orchestra
Earlier this summer, The Empire State Youth Orchestra traveled to China and South Korea. By the time the trip was over, the musicians had performed seven times in outstanding concert halls in Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul and Yeosu. They also played for U.S. service people and their families on the Army Base in Seoul. We spoke with Conductor Helen Cha-Pyo before the tour and she’s back now to with two student musicians to tell us how it went. Lisa Liu is a violinist who graduated from Shenendehowa High School in June and Leonard Bopp plays the trumpet and will be a sophomore at Guilderland High this September.