Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
WAMC New York News
Wed August 18, 2004
Emergency Acid Rain Emission Regs Implemented
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – New York State has ordered emergency regulations be implemented to force power plants in the state to reduce emissions blamed for acid rain in the Adirondacks and Catskills. While environmental groups are pleased the state Department of Environmental Conservation has taken the action, they're also disappointed the action was not more stringent.
More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.