Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New York News
Mon November 1, 2004
Education Advocates Debate Standardized Tests
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – The New England Association of Teachers of English met in Nashua, New Hampshire over the weekend. The group of English teachers from around the region says the focus on standardized testing in the No Child Left Behind law is hurting real learning. North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley gets some perspectives from Vermont education advocates.