Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Fri July 18, 2003
E-911 Money Cannot Be Diverted
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – The U.S.Senate Commerce Committee has approved legislation to provide money to states to update 911 emergency systems.
The measure includes a provision to make sure the money is not used for other purposes, a concern that has been heard in New York State. WAMC's Brian Shields has more.