Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
Mon February 25, 2013
Dr. Samer Hattar, Johns Hopkins University – Night, Light, and the Brain
In today’s Academic Minute, Dr. Samer Hattar of Johns Hopkins University explains the negative effects of exposure to bright light during the night.
Samer Hattar is an associate professor of biology at Johns Hopkins University where his current research seeks to understand the relationship between vision and physiology. His work has been featured in a number of peer-reviewed publications and he holds a Ph.D. from the University of Houston.