Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Fri June 8, 2012
Dr. Damian Cruse, University of Western Ontario – Coma Patients and Awareness
In today’s Academic Minute, Dr. Damian Cruse of the University of Western Ontario shares his research into the level of conscious awareness among coma patients.
Damian Cruse is a post-doctoral fellow at the Brain and Mind Institute at the University of Western Ontario. His research is focused on consciousness and the ways in which cognition changes at its varying levels. His most recent project uses EEG to determine the awareness experienced by patients in a vegetative state. He holds a Ph.D. from Cardiff University.