Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New England News
Tue April 18, 2006
Doctors Put On Alert for Mumps
By Pat Bradley
Burlington, VT – Both the Vermont and New York Health Departments are urging physicians and other health care providers to be on alert for mumps. The notices come as an outbreak of the disease is occurring in the Midwest. That outbreak began in Iowa several months ago and has been slowly spreading to other states. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.