Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Hudson Valley News
Sat December 15, 2012
Doctor indicted in NY painkillers case
A doctor is accused in a federal indictment of illegally distributing tens of thousands of prescription painkillers.The Journal News says Rohan Wijetilaka of Upper Saddle River, N.J., was indicted this week in White Plains, N.Y. WAMC’s Dave Lucas has details.
The doctor is charged with health care fraud and illegal distribution of oxycodone.
His lawyer, Eric Sears, declined comment Friday.
Federal authorities raided the defendant's Yonkers, N.Y., cardiology office in July.
They say a patient-turned-informant wore a wire while paying cash for prescriptions for himself and his girlfriend, who wasn't there.
State records show the doctor’s New York license has been revoked and his New Jersey license has been suspended.
- © 2012 The Associated Press.