Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Mon March 26, 2012
'Decorah Eagle Cam:' A Beak Breaks Through First Egg
Coming in just after the Raptor Resource Project predicted, Eagle watchers over at Wired have spotted a beak breaking through the first of three eggs.
That means that an eaglet will emerge soon. Wired explains:
"The bald eaglet will probably take at least 12 hours, and possibly as many as 48 hours to break completely free from its shell. The first chick will have a head start on its siblings and will likely enjoy being the biggest eaglet in the nest for months."
The video above is a live feed from Decorah, Iowa.