Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New York News
Thu September 9, 2004
DEC to SLC: Further Environmental Reviews Are Needed
By Allison Dunne
Hudson, NY – New York's DEC commissioner says plans for St. Lawrence Cement's proposed Greenport plant will be subject to extensive environmental reviews. Plant opponents say the long-awaited decisions strengthen their argument to stop the plant, while a St. Lawrence spokesman says the rulings could help move plans forward. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne reports.