Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Wed May 12, 2004
DEC Looks into St. Lawrence Cement Over Wetlands
By Allison Dunne
Hudson, NY – New York Department of Environmental Conservation officials are looking into claims by anti-St. Lawrence Cement group, Friends of Hudson. The environmental activist group says the cement company disturbed a protected wetland by working on an access road. Hudson's Mayor says the work received a verbal green light from the DEC. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.