Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Tue January 25, 2005
Death Penalty Hearing
By Karen Dewitt
Albany, NY – Opponents of the death penalty testified at a hearing held by the state Assembly on whether to reinstate New York's capital punishment law. A portion of New York's death penalty statute was struck down by
the state's high court last year. WAMC's Capitol Correspondent, Karen Dewitt reports.