Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Fri November 26, 2004
De-Listing Proposal Irks Wolf Proponents
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The US Fish and Wildlife Service is in the process of determining whether the Eastern Gray Wolf should be removed from the Endangered species list. The idea of de-listing the animal is drawing criticism from some groups in the region who want the wolf re-introduced into the Adirondacks. But others note that previous efforts to do that have failed. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.