Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Sun March 3, 2013
Day-Trippers: Head To Catskill
Looking for something to do today? A Cinderella story of sorts is taking place this weekend in the Catskills.
Like the fabled pumpkin turned into a coach, a vacant Main Street storefront in Catskill has been temporarily transformed into an old-time cinema. Visitors to the third Annual Catskill Film and Video Festival are greeted by the aroma generated throughout the old Union Mills building by an antique popcorn machine. Showings are being held from noon to 6pm. The film festival is being held concurrent with another "One weekend only" event: the Glow Show, a trail of video and light-based installations projected on windows and building surfaces after nightfall. Free tours at 6:30 pm start at the Union Mills Building.
Catskills Area News
Hudson Valley News