Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
New York News
Sat November 10, 2012
David Lombardo - The Daily Gazette
The outcome of one Capital Region New York State Senate race could be the key to whether the Senate majority remains in the hands of Republicans, or flips to Democrats, giving Democrats full control of both legislative chambers and the governor’s office.
However, the final tally in the New York State Senate’s 46th District isn’t expected anytime soon. Both candidates - Republican Assemblyman George Amedore and Democrat Cecelia Tkaczyk - declared victory on election night, and both were in court Friday to begin the process of reviewing ballots in what’s expected to be a lengthy recount process.
For more on the race WAMC's Bob Barrett spoke with David Lombardo, state politics reporter for the Schenectady Daily Gazette.